Friday, December 12, 2008

License and Registration, Please

The commute from Columbus to Charlotte is brutal. Google Maps says 105 miles...each way. That's almost four hours of "me" time in the car five days a week, and about 54,600 miles per year. I know, ridiculous. Factor in fuel (even though prices have dropped to about $1.60 per gallon) and it's ludicrous. Can you tell how committed I am to farm and family? So, I woke up a bit later than usual this morning and was trying to make up some time on the Highway 74 near Mill Spring when I saw the flashing lights in the rearview mirror of my rental 2008 Mazda 6. I switched lanes, but when the State Trooper mimicked my maneuver I knew I'd been busted. The trooper said he clocked me doing 80 in a 65, and seemed rightfully surprised when he found out I was commuting to Charlotte. My punishment was a $151 speeding ticket, and I can't wait to see how this might affect my insurance, which has quadrupled already due to the longer daily commute. Yea!

1 comment:

Blue Harvest Mama said...

I knew it was just a matter of time before this happened, sigh... looks like we're going to have to put a speed lock on the new vehicle! UGH! grumble, grumble, grumble.......