Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let It Snow

Forgive the cliché headline. My co-workers tell me "You're soooooo from Florida." I can't help it. I'm excited about the snowfall, and while we got an inch or two in Charlotte, the light rain that immediately followed turned the fluffy white landscape into slowly dissolving piles of ice. But out at Blue Harvest Farm, there was a bit more fun to be had and the kids woke to a potential day of snowball fights, identifying animal tracks, snow angels, and even some sledding.





The chickens are safe from the elements inside the fourth stall with red heat lamp on and extra bedding for warmth. They have a tarp-covered area (originally intended for rainy days) in case they dare to venture into the chilly air. Frankly, I think they may prefer being cooped up for now!



They are predicting more snow on Saturday...and I'll be on the farm anxiously awaiting my turn to ride down the hills on the snow saucer.

No comments: